Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Rough Year- 9-12mo


This was by far the hardest 90 days for me. I think it was mainly because my girls still were not sleeping through the night. 

It all kicked off with April, which was by far the WORST month to date. Marina and Julie got out of school for spring break the second week of April. It started with Julie waking with a fever. 2 days later she was still getting the fever and her tonsils looked something awful. She was not eating much either. That dreaded. Word strep came to mind. Took her to the Doctor and sure enough her test came back positive within seconds. 

Next on the list a few days later...Marina! Took her to the Pediatrician right away and yep she also had strep.

Next up to get sick...the twins one by one. They didn't end up with strep, but it was pretty bad. We ended up with them sleeping in their car seats so they could be even more up right then in the RNP. 

The whole month of April was horrendous and to top it all off it's also my moms birthday April 20th. She died 3yrs ago and I usually have time to grieve, but I was dealing with so much, I didn't get that time. I think that affected my April also.

Come May, my girls were still sleeping in the RNP, but Jesse and I decided that was it! Audriana completely turned her self around in it and almost fell out.


They must have finally been ready for it though because they transitioned well this time.

Although they transitioned well nights were still horrible. The girls would cry and cry and cry until finally letting us rock them to sleep at 12/1am. Then they still were not sleeping through the night. Grrr! I was going nuts. I kept thinking, shouldn't they be sleeping better by now???!!!

Come June I kept seeing one of my fellow twin Mom friends post about these oils she was using. I messaged her and decided to give it a try. Lavender and Peace & Calming by Youngliving worked like a charm! The girls started sleeping through the night!

The girls had the cutest 1st B-day party! Minions for my Twinions!!! It was almost a complete disaster.

I ordered these minion Tutu's off of Etsy and even made sure the girl could make them in time. Come beginning of July nothing. I messaged her again and she promised to get them out Priority mail the Sunday before their Saturday party. Nothing. Come Saturday morning (the day of the party) still nothing. I posted something on my FB profile about how disappointed I was and wouldn't you know one of my FB friends was able to make them for me and deliver then all before 1pm!!!! 


I think that's about all for their first yr. here are some more pics for ya!!!



      Here they are ( Audri, Maya) at birth,            6mo, and 1yr!!!!

                      Sisterly love ❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment