Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How It All Started

It was November 14th 2012, the week before Thanksgiving. I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was now exactly 1 week late from my period. Its not like I am never late. Sometimes I am a few days late sometimes I am 10days late.

So I got home that night, went upstairs, and peed on the stick. Low and behold a minute later their where two pink lines...ugh! You see I already have to beautiful girls, one is 11 and the other is 4. I was not planning on having anymore.

My husband was not home from work at the time so I went downstairs and waited for his arrival. Once he was home I told him to go upstairs and look on his side table ( I was not ready to fill in the children just yet). Let me tell you that man came downstairs with a grin from ear to ear. Of coarse he always wanted one more...lets try for a boy one last time he would say to me. He got his wish.

Everything form there was pretty uneventful. That was until the day after Thanksgiving. One week later. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. That thing called morning sickness (or in my case all day sickness). No vomiting. I just couldn't eat or drink anything and I felt like I had the stomach flu all day everyday. I looked like death. I ended up going to the E.R. for dehydration, but they were swamped that night so the P.A. asked me if I had tried any prescriptions yet. I told her that I hadn't so she gave me the choice to either wait until they had a bed open or I could take a prescription and if that didn't work follow-up with my OB. I chose to take the prescription and be on my way. The prescription she had given me was for Zofran, which was helping somewhat. I could at least eat and drink.

I ended up having my Dr. appt on December 3rd. My Ob was asking me how everything was and I told her I was having horrible morning sickness. She then asked me about my prior pregnancy's and if I suffered with morning sickness. I didn't. Actually they were great, except for feeling tired all the time. She then joked that maybe I was having a boy.

According to the date of my last period I should have been about 9wks at that time. The Dr started her exam and after checking my pelvis she asked me if I have a regular period? Do I ever skip a month? To which I answered no. That's when she started talking about the possibility of twins.....
To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment